Recently I gave my kids a new toy to play with, Chalk City's road maker and sign stencils. After a little learning curve, the kids became quite adapt at making roads, obstacles and other creative blockades for their scooter races.For any kid who likes sidewalk chalk, this toy is lots of fun. You can draw roads, road signs and even obstacle stations.
After letting my kids experiment with the toys, I asked their opinion. After all, if the kids don't like the idea/toy, the item will be discarded to the back of the garage. The boys liked the idea of making roads with directions. They would make a loops, left turn signals, etc to create a road race for their scooters. They would time each other as they rode through course. The only complaint from them is that the chalk would break (but I think that is from user error - boys are rough on their toys).
We have used the road maker and road signs several times. The kids really want to take the toy to a huge empty parking lot. A preschool or elementary school with a large blacktop would be a perfect place to experiment with it. We have a three car driveway and the boys wanted more space.
What I liked about the Chalk City toys is that it can be used in other scenarios, not just playing. If you have a basketball hoop, you can mark shooting circles for a practice or horse competition. There are many play options with this toy.
Chalk City Toys are available for purchase a variety of stores nationwide as well as Amazon.com. Please visit the Chalk City website for a location near you.
Would your kids like to get creative with Chalk City Toys? I have a gift package to giveaway. It includes:
- 1 Road Maker® Holds two pieces of sidewalk chalk and creates roadways or courses for kids to run or ride around on their favorite riding toy.
- 3 Road Sign Stencils: Between the Road Maker® chalk lines, kids can learn the rules of the road with the Stop Sign, Turn Left/Right, and Straight Ahead Stencils
- 3 Obstacle Course Stencils: Between the Road Maker® chalk lines, kids can enhance their outdoor physically active play time with the Jumping Jacks, Spin Left/Right, Hop Both Feet/Left Foot/Right Foot Stencils
- 20 pieces of Sidewalk Chalk
- 1 Activity Booklet Offers a variety of additional games and cities to enhance the Chalk City toy experience
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.